View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If anyone else can get it to work, please let me know.
I took a look, and this book isn't going to work on the current Reader firmware until the publisher creates a new version. I checked Adobe's "EPUB Best Practices Guide" again and it explicitly notes that ADE will only handle contained files which are less than 300k uncompressed / 100k compressed. The DRM layer makes the ZIP compression level 0% (will e-book vendors start doing compression at the DRM layer?), leaving the compressed file size of the main book body well above ADE's limit.

I'd suggest e-mailing your the e-bookstore and/or the publisher to alert them of the issue.

-Marshall
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote