View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
I was thinking more along the lines of support as in a link from sony somewhere.
My buying decision would have been much quicker if I'd see Caliber right at the start.(I dual boot xp and ubuntu and have a mac laptop)
I could see the link helping sony sell more books since people know there is a decent and long term supported software setup for it instead of worrying that support will simply stop and they'll be stuck.
Also the mac and linux communities are small, but even at 10% of a market, if there's less competition in that segment, why not let those people use your product? even if having that link only helps change 10 peoples minds sony has got a good deal.
since a link costs them virtually nothing.

and IMO if you are buying a book, and the software makes it suck to load, it doesn't matter as much if the hardware is a little better.(microsoft zune, creative zen come to mind)

I loved their vertical scroll system, but the software for the computer
I gave up, got an ipod and itunes
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote