View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #565
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
This brings up an interesting question Bob, your steampunk omnibus, how do you handle a ominbus as one novel or multiple novels? I have read some omnibus novels in the past and I typically count the individual novels rather than the omnibus as a whole.
One ISBN (or Goodreads entry), one book. I mainly use Goodreads to track my reading, and I specifically use their challenge widget to set my goal, so it only makes sense to enter my books into that library.

In the long run, it all balances out, as I read some graphic novels and self-published short stories (like Seanan McGuire's InCryptid prequel series). Further, in this specific case, the omnibus includes a couple of short stories along with the three novels, so I'd have to find a way to account for those if I split it up.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote