View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Anyway, a book should not specify any alignment, or font, or line-spacing, or margins... except where needed for particular designs. Those features should be left to the reading software to apply. Relying in a reader's ability for overriding is a bad idea. If I have a centered paragraph in a normal book, overriding would set this paragraph as justified, or left-aligned, or whatever.
Overriding just overrides left or full justification. It does not override something centered.

I've taken all the left and/or justify out of an ePub and left just the center.

ADE 1.7.2 defaults to left justify.
ADE 2.0 defaults to left justify.

There is no way to specify the justification other then what is specified in the CSS. But because ADE 2.0 support hyphenation, I'd want justified. But I can see where some would want left justified in ADE 1.7.2. We cannot please everyone. So it has to be one or the other and overall, full justified can look better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote