View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #384
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
No, I get it. I just disagree with you.

...except being able to enjoy your books and other media without having to break the law. Except being able to let your spouse and children read your books. Except being able to let them KEEP your books if you die. Except being able to share books with your friends. Except having the certainty that if your ebook vendor folds, your library can't vanish.
These are benefits to me.
I get all these benefits by removing DRM, with the added benefit that I don't have to worry about defending myself against some criminal or civil charges boomeranging back on me at some future point. And I am not "breaking the law" when I remove DRM, and even if I were, it is not something that anyone is ever going to know about unless I go beyond my personal use of the files.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote