Thread: PRS-T1 Calibre or Sony
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't know how much hair you have, but you're likely to retain more of it if you use Calibre

Seriously though, there's nothing to stop you using both but you'll need to be very careful to only have one of them open at a time when your T1 is connected.

I only use Calibre myself, it has several bells & whistles for Sony devices, e.g
  • automatic management of Collections on the T1
  • ability to add a book's Series name/number to either the Author or Title of each book on the T1

However, Calibre will not do some things at all, e.g.
  • if you plan to make annotations, the Sony software will let you copy them to your PC/Mac
  • You can store DRM'd books in Calibre and transfer them to your T1 but you cannot open the book in Calibre.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote