View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinbox View Post
When Calibre is fetching news, my machine is so busy it's practically unusable.

Calibre, fetching news

No other application hammers my CPU like Calibre does (and I'm running big bloatware apps like iTunes, IE, Office, and Photoshop).

Is this due to my hardware? My machine is actually a netbook, so it's not exactly the most robust thing out there...
Look, AVG is scanning the cr*p out of that (I have not found a single folder to exclude from active scan that won't put my system at risk from other stuff). Is it possible to designate a temp folder for calibre use so that we can exclude it from active scans (I believe it uses the standard temp folder. a temp\Calibre folder would work,but a "user specified" folder would be better security).
I excluded my library from an active scan already.)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote