View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1066 View Post
@dwanthny
When I copied the My eBooks folder across originally it had the June db in the Calibre folder
You say in the calibre folder then the calibre folder is where you should have been pointing to in the preferences/general.

Quote:
Something I dont understand - doesnt calibre create the My eBooks folder containing Calibre, Covers, Feeds, HTML, database folders?
No calibre does not create the My eBooks folder.

Quote:
Anyway I did pick up on my original error and copied across the whole folder structure, yet calibre did not handle the db as you expected it to.

The Calibre folder contains the actual book files, along with any cover jpg. The Covers folder has a few jpg files also but I am unsure why there is duplication.
It sounds like the calibre folder is where you originally pointed to for your calibre library to be created. If I understand correctly the metadata.db was in the calibre folder. If you pointed to this folder from preferences - general then it should have worked.

Quote:
The bug is how slow Calibre is and the numerous times it has hung and crashed. If this behavior continues now I have rebuilt the database I will let you know via the forum.
It seems that it hung and crashed because you might have been doing things it never anticipated. Pointing to a metadata.db file without any accompanying folders certainly threw it for a loop.

I wish you luck!

Updated thought: At this point you have lost me. I would start over with a new clean directory for my calibre library, maybe called calibre_library so it will be easy to remember. Once I had this new directory in place and showing 0 books, tags, author etc... then and only then would I start importing/adding books back in.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-05-2010 at 07:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote