View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:00 AM   #6
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Hi dwanthny, thanks for reading this.
I copied the whole folder "My Ebooks" across the network on 3 occasions now, thinking that the first time that either changing folder permissions mucked it up, or just on the chance that the transfer itself wasnt accurate.
My original must be corrupt, or else there is a bug, as following the instructions has not been successful.
Calibre has the right folder (Pref/General/Folder) yet does not see any books, I left the June db file in Calibre folder, and it created a large 4th July db file in My Ebooks folder.
I manually moved the June db file from Calibre to My Ebooks folder.
I reopened the empty Calibre program today and it registered the books, but as empty entries.
Removal is again causing Calibre to hang and fail to show any jobs. It eventually does remove them if I restrict it to 10 files to remove it will do this in a minute.
I have a dual core vista 1.6gHZ pc so I am surprised to see it coping so badly.
I checked processes. There are 4 calibre-parellel processes and one calibre exe instance running.
Shall I report it as a bug?
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote