View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #81
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hi

Jack Reacher from Lee Child
Joe Pike and Elvis Cole from Robert Crais
And of course, the most of them all Tom Ripley from Patricia Highsmith.

Best,
+1 for Reacher and Cole/Pike. Very different writing styles by the respective authors, but each with great merit.

I have not tried Patricia Highsmith as yet. But I will...

Though his writing is quite leisurely, Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes still has great mystique. The Blue Carbuncle was a highlight of the shorter pieces.

For sheer mood, Charlie Parker from John Connolly is hard to beat, though I am glad my life is dissimilar to his. <smile>

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote