View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
It's really too bad about the QUE. I am planning on buying a new reader. My Sony 505 works perfectly, so it will go to my wife, who has started using it and loves it. The only reason I'm hunting for a new reader is I want one with a larger screen to make reading my newspapers and magazines easier.

Originally I had hoped for the QUE but the delays forced that one aside. Then I had high hopes for the Irex 800, but the requirement of using a stylus and not having a good way to tether the stylus safely to the device, plus some of the essential features that were planned for firmware upgrades rather than as part of the initial release, killed that. Turns out it is a good thing I didn't buy it.

I have considered the Sony 900, but I'm not convinced a 7.1-inch screen is large enough for my wants. So I'm waiting for a good 8- or 9-inch screen size (or possibly a 9.7-inch, but nothing larger). I don't care about color and I definitely do not want an LCD screen -- I already spend 7+ hours every day in front of 3 LCD screens to read the manuscripts I edit; I don't want to spend more time in front of a computer screen.

I might well have bought a QUE had it finally seen the light of day; I will definitely buy a larger screen device in the not-too-distant future, assuming they become available.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote