View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Plastic Logic delays Que launch indefinitely and cancels pre-orders

Que - Even if they do ever ship how would they ever compete and why would most consumers trust their money with them. (I think it is a cool device, but I would never buy one now) I said it before in other threads; the large format e-ink reader has lost its market window, not because select people like us think they are cool, but because the consuming masses will buy an ipad or the like for $500 before the shell out $600-$800 for a dedicated specialty device like this.

No matter what we think is a better reading technology, e-ink vs lcd etc. The manufacturers are slave to what the majority of people will actually purchase. Consumer history is rife with choices based on convenience vs technological superiority. (It is really a subjective discussion at best any way). 3,000,000+ ipads sold and counting; I am not sure how many DR1000's were sold over its entire life, but I would stand to reason it is a mere fraction of that number; and it is in the end, a numbers game

My prediction is low-end 5 and 6 inch e-ink at a sub $100 price point and large format color do-everything devices at a $400 -$700 price point. Its all about volume, thats what bit Irex I believe.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/25/p...cancels-pre-o/
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote