View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 03:19 AM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
ebooks should be global, all this localised copyright rubish really tees me off and not just because I'm in China and its really hard to get good books here. I will never use an online bookstore in an capacity (as author or reader) when they wantonly refuse to exercise the international nature of the internet. I just don't understand why they don't want to expand their customer base?
Because they're desperately trying to prop up an old business model that's doomed to failure in the modern world. Then again, there's a lot of ignorant people who will buy products with DRM and geographic restrictions, so they're as much to blame for this mess as any of these corporate behemoths.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote