View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
Is there any reason why support for the un-upgraded PRS500 was dropped?
I don't know why it was dropped, but it had been dropped from the Mac OSX side since 0.6.29

Quote:
Surely I'm not the only PRS500 owner who decided not to send his reader to Sony. A quick search on the forums here reveals the numerous problems people have had, from battery life issues to unresponsive customer support.
Certainly it is up to you to decide what to do, but all battery issues were solved long ago and since those issues were resolved customer service has been reported as excellent. On the rare occasion a problem occurred the client generally got a newer machine as a replacement.

Quote:
Is there any chance at all that support may be brought back in a future update? I've switched back to 0.6.55, but it's so... slow. And less pretty. Please, Kovid, don't make me send my baby away!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you luck, but I'm not holding my breath.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote