View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Why is the un-upgraded PRS500 no longer supported in Calibre 0.7?

I installed the new Calibre recently and was shocked at the speed improvement in conversion of any formats to LRF. I was accustomed to waiting anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes for my conversions, and 0.7 was doing them in 10 seconds! Unfortunately, Calibre 0.7 was unable to detect my PRS500.

Is there any reason why support for the un-upgraded PRS500 was dropped? Surely I'm not the only PRS500 owner who decided not to send his reader to Sony. A quick search on the forums here reveals the numerous problems people have had, from battery life issues to unresponsive customer support. I'd rather not take the chance of upgrading my reader when it works perfectly fine as it is (on the rare occasion I get an .ePub, I just convert it to .lrf through Calibre).

Is there any chance at all that support may be brought back in a future update? I've switched back to 0.6.55, but it's so... slow. And less pretty. Please, Kovid, don't make me send my baby away!
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote