View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The end of Lost...?

Well, Lost has concluded, ending a six-year run of "the most important series of the decade" (if you actually believe ABC television's hype over its own show).

I wouldn't mind talking about the show here, but I don't know if the non-American MR community is largely into Lost, if our recent season has been aired overseas, and whether or not spoilers might ruin it for them. Somebody give me an idea where everyone else is on Lost.

I will say this, and I don't think I run the risk of a spoiler here: The ending left holes. I mean holes. You could fly Oceanic flight 815 through some of the holes. The end of Lost was good, but it left some questions unanswered... which begs the question:

Does Lost have further embellishment in its future? Or are we done? Should we expect a sequel or spinoff at some point? Maybe a movie? Are Losties warming up their keyboards with ideas of fanfic (in ebook formats, of course), rivaled only by the plots at a major publisher to continue the saga in print for us?

I know those involved in production are right now sitting back, sipping their margaritas and muttering, "Whew! Glad that's over... now I can just enjoy residuals for awhile..." But after a year has passed, and the studios are begging them for another phenomena that will equal the earning potential of Lost, will they pitch a "Lost: The Next Generation" series? Are any of the actors calling the studio and telling them, "I'm on board with the next one!"?

Maybe most importantly: Should they? Or is it the worst possible idea in the world? Should I be taken out and shot for even contemplating it?

I'm just curious about anyone's thoughts on this. Until our int'l contingent chimes in, let's try to keep spoilers to a minimum, and hide them in spoiler tags, please.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 05-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote