View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #11
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by q345 View Post
I wish the ticket would be given a little bit more explanation, why it's not recommended ( it was just a single sentence ), for instance is there any negative side effects on the long run, but after all it's a free software and we all should thank the developer since he is clearly doing us a huge favor by developing and supporting it.
I've been running Calibre that way for more than a month now with no ill effects. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I haven't run into them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by q345 View Post
Regarding environmental variables in general, may be it's too much to ask. I grepped source directory for os.environ.get method and there is not a lot of them, but writing a manual, especially describing the combinations of them might take too much time.
So contribute to the project by writing a manual?
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote