Thread: Hall of Shame
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Great idea!

I think in fact that we need to be less specific!
The problem is generally at publisher level. Many dont appreciate that there is significant work required to get a printed book to represent well on an ereader. They should be giving equal priority to the setting and design of all formats.

By giving feedback on the actual publishers, we are encouraging them to up their game as well as rewarding those that do a good job. In turn, knowing that certain publishers have an excellent reputation for the finished product should encourage readers to favour their titles when deciding between eBooks.

We should have some kind or ranking system whereby whenever you read a good or bad eBook, the relevant publisher gets the thumbs up or down. get enough people to participate and believe me, publsihers will start to take notice.

I would actually be willing to help set up such a site either as part of MR or otherwise.
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote