View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
My question on this is: Do I need to have ADE installed to use the Overdrive app?
Currently, you do need to install Desktop (Windows or Mac) ADE to "side-load" Adobe lending library ebooks onto handheld devices. These new apps will change this by allowing direct download of Adobe lending library ebooks to your portable device. In the press release OverDrive calls this "on-the-go access" and it has also been called OTA (over the air, i.e. via wireless). So you will be able to avoid Desktop ADE entirely.

Note that it is almost certain that you won't be able to read MobiPocket lending library ebooks with these apps. MobiPocket (Amazon) has essentially stopped licensing its reader to 3rd parties.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote