View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Koland:

I listen to all suggestions and I appreciate yours. We had quite a debate going on the Astak part of this forum on this. The overall choice that does BOTH ZIP and RAR is 7ZIP.

I do not want to make things at all hard for less excperienced users (and there are many) so your point is well taken. Let me see if we can make the change.
Robert,

Yes, I recommended 7Zip to my readers (I use it myself) to deal with RAR. I know that years ago when I first ran into it, it was trickier to find a decent program (then again, that was command lines days and everything had to be tracked down via dial-in bbs). Some, however, simply won't install more software in order to read a book (even if it works much better than the built-in compression software and in previous versions of the OS you had to get something just to deal with zip's).

For a book, I'd really recommend you simply post the naked EPUB or PDF (and consider posting a naked Mobi as well, to pull in even more kindle owners), rather than zipping it up.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote