View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWJ View Post
I don't understand what's up with Fictionwise. There are three books I want to buy right now: The Heart of the Matter (chick lit), Fever Dream (Agent Prendergast mystery/thriller) and War (Sebastian Junger's non-fic about American troops in Afghanistan.) All of them are available from B&N; none of them are on FW. Didn't B&N buy Fictionwise? What's going on? I don't understand. And I'm really annoyed, because Fictionwise was my go-to store.
B&N gets it's books directly from the publishers. Fictionwise gets them through a distributor, Ingram Digital (Lightning Source) being a big one. Ingram has been working on getting an agreement for the Agency 5 titles which is why a lot of the 'independent' sellers don't have them (assuming the ones you want are Agency titles).

The good news is according to RobertB from Astak (EZRead.com) they should be getting the titles this week or next. I'm guessing that Astak gets their titles the same way FW, BoB, etc. do so hopefully that's good news for FW too. Although some speculate that FW won't get them at all (because they can't discount for members) and B&N will close them down at some point after memberships run out. Hard to know for sure. B&N has also closed down the FW Yahoo group which occasionally provided info.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote