View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
Muskrat
Enthusiast
Muskrat began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
OK. I felt I should report back for a debriefing.
I tried flashing ##15 & 16 again. This time I removed all content from the reader's external memory. Worked fine (phew!). I think I just didn't have enough internal memory last time around (less than 8mb). So I am guessing that would have been the problem? I am copying my books back on now. Also after creating the image the first time the flasher recommended a reboot before pressing 6 to flash (which I did not do). This time I did not get this warning.
So I suppose the moral is to have plenty of empty space on the internal memory before attempting to modify the reader with the flasher?
Looking forward to using this mod.

BTW I am very grateful to everyone here. This is a great forum with some wonderful people who are prepared to spend long hours working out all this stuff and then provide swift and patient help to anyone when needed. Thanks a bunch. I'm glad to be here!
It's also true to say that the Sony Reader has literally changed my life. I have read soooo many books since I got it. Something to do with the ease with which one can get hold of and sample all kinds of reading material (particularly non-copyright classic books which one may not think about actually spending a lot of $$$ for in a bookstore). Pretty soon I may even achieve the status of being a "well read" individual you never know
Muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote