View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I've learnt curious things about my Pocketbook 360 in a certain review site, very well positioned in Google. The PB360 doesn't read ePub(!), it doesn't have a dictionary (!!) and it's too bulky for its screen (!!!!!!!), also 3 stars out of five for it. Meanwhile, the Kindle got 5 stars. Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying the quality of Kindle, but review sites ALWAYS have a bias for a big company in particular and for big players in general.

Gradually from here on!

It reminds me a lot of Spanish videogame magazines. I remember one which never gave a Playstation game less than 80 out of 100, even if the text review bashed it like hell: it came as no surprise that the same publishers won the deal for the official Playstation 2 magazine.

The biggest magazine, called Hobby Consolas, is dubbed Sony Consolas, for the reasons you can guess. And their sister PC game magazine, the biggest of its kind in Spain as well, had a passionate love story with Electronic Arts games, to the point of giving completely crappy games a sweet punctuation. Does anyone remember Command & Conquer: Renegade?, a run-of-the-mill shooter loosely based in the futuristic Command and Conquer universe? Well, it got a 98.

Meanwhile, a quite independent start-up magazine that my brother and I bought loyally every month did fail. While it was cheap, it was mainly a PC game magazine which didn't have a demo CD to play the reviewed games... Of course, if you're giving serious but stern criticism every month, companies take notice.

Ah, the good old times

Last edited by Logseman; 04-10-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote