View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #66
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
The backlit bit has never bothered me, it's the amount of light. Turn the brightness down and I can read off a backlit screen for hours on end. Dark backgrounds with lighter text helps immensely. Anecdotal evidence, but good enough to convince my eyes, apparently.
I had searched the web for FACTS on this and found very little researched bases info (on either side)....until I found a presentation by a Microsoft researcher. It was his presentation that said "there is no difference between reflected light and direct light" and to "adjust the monitor light to match the ambient light" (which reflected books/eInk screens so).

So when I got my iPad -- and my eyes SCREAMED -- I tried what the researcher suggested. Lo and behold, no more eye strain.

Nonny
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote