View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #62
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
The reason is that you are getting older. It's normal and has nothing to do with screens you use or not use. Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbyopia.
And if you are younger that let's say 25 and it's myopia - then the reason for it is genetic or past trauma. Screens cannot change the shape of the eyeballs. I have myopia in one eye only - maybe I was reading and using CRT with only one eye open. /s

For me LCD is not good for reading. It's not even close to being good. I have good light in my workplace and at home (behind me), I set the brightness to optimal one and it's still causing eye strain.
On e-paper - even when I read books for like 16 hours a day, for several days - i have no eye strain whatsoever.
This is so true... Since reading on my backlit palm over the last 5 years my eyesight has gotten much better.. In fact, I can now drive legally without glasses. I've had glasses since I was 11, I'm now 60. The only glasses I need now are reading glasses.

My house has poor lighting, and I read on my kindle during the day, but after dark I read on my backlit iPod.

The last time I experienced eyestrain was, while reading a paperback with too small font - rather dark paper (yellowish)... I gave up reading novels altogether until I got my Palm.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote