Thread: 302's glare?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
it's like with the loud clicks on 360 - first folks were making so many waves about them, but after couple of days of playing with the device you simply don't notice them at all. The same thing with glare - it's more ado about it than the glare itself)))
I beg to differ. Look at the images here. The display has glare and the background is dark (very grayish) in comparism to other current devices. "Lil-glary"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
I agree with you. I read since weeks with my PB302 mostly in darkness with a reading lamp and I DO NOT SEE ANY REFLEXIONS at all!
You are using the antiglare sheet, right? Because without the antiglare sheet it's just impossible that you don't see any reflexions. Even with the antiglare sheet i doubt that one does not see any reflections. It's just physically impossible.

Well, i know that the matte screens will be available in some weeks and the antiglare sheets are fairly good (even if i was not able to install it air bubble-free) but i'm really surprised about some responses here. Imho a very glary screen is not a "non-issue" and it should has been addressed before mass-production was started.

Anyway, with a good(!) matte screen the device could become one of my favoured reading devices.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote