View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #11
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Erm, do I read too fast?

After some thought, I decided to download Cockroach Suckers (by David Niall Wilson right here ). I confess I hesitated a little because of the cover - cockroaches have been known to drive me out of my home until proven dead and removed from the premises Nothing in the book triggered my extreme katsaridophobia, however.

I really liked the writing and the pace and the atmosphere and the subtle humour of it all until it became, well, what it was supposed to be, a bit lovecraftian. From the first half, the story could go anywhere - and I liked where it could go. I found the central idea delicious (that is SO the wrong word , but anyway...). Then it lost me. That's my problem of course, it was just the wrong genre for me, I prefer dark realism to dark fantasy any day. Still, I found it very entertaining. But oh, the possibilities...

Just a note: there are some typos scattered around, maybe you'd want to recheck the text (at least the smashwords version). not that I frequently find ebooks without typos these days...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote