View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
I had a similar hard time with getting a DRM'd ePub off Kobo to work; ADE would download it partly, then fail to 'verify' it, and the ePub wouldn't open (it was corrupted or something). In the end I was actually able to download them properly using Sony's library software instead of Adobe Digital Editions. Might be worth a try?

Regardless, here's hoping they fix this up for you sooner than later.
I did have a problem with an eBook from Simon & Schuster's web site. ADE didn't keep a copy when it had a problem with the DRM not allowing it to be viewed. Reader Library did keep a copy. I was then able to strip the DRM. The book was a real mess. It was awful. The CSS was a mess. I had to clean that up so it displayed as it should have and then I was able to fix it to display how I wanted it.

If you strip the DRM from these Kobo books, maybe you can see what's wrong and fix it if it's fixable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote