View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I have a feeling everyone will think I'm crazy but, I have a system that works for me and is pretty quick. I usually set up folders and do the pic of the purchase page while the book is being downloaded.

I have my books in author folders inside 1 of 2 main folders for books. The 1st for DRM'd books and the 2nd is for DRM free books.
  • John Doe
    Jackson James
Inside the author folder I have separate folders for each book. The book folder title has the information as the folder name. R is what I use to show that I have read it, $ means I purchased it, and then the month and year.
  • A bk1 of Lady by John Doe R smashwords free 1-2010
    B bk 2 of Lady by John Doe R smashwords $ 1-2010
    C by John Doe smashwords $ 2-2010

Inside each book folder, I keep a pic of the book purchase page. Which also has the book blurb to refresh my memory. I also keep multiple formats of the book in each folder.
Click image for larger version

Name:	pp.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	45488

Then, I change the book folder icon to reflect what genre it is.
Name:  hum.JPG
Views: 1037
Size:  9.9 KBHumourName:  mys.JPG
Views: 1023
Size:  9.8 KBMysteryName:  sci fi.JPG
Views: 1038
Size:  10.6 KBSci-Fi

My DRM'd books (which means the backup copies of Sony Reader and ADE books here) has this main folder icon.Name:  DRM.JPG
Views: 1023
Size:  10.8 KB

OK, I know most will think it's a lot of work or crazy, but it is fast and works for me.

Last edited by dreams; 02-13-2010 at 03:23 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote