View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
To follow what DDHarriman said, when it comes to PDFs I format them as if I was going to print them on paper and use my reader's screen size as the paper size. When I do that, they look on my reader at the smallest size exactly as I intended.

What I don't expect is to be able to do with a PDF formatted this way is increase the size of the document on my reader. Although reflow is available, I've found that it provides less than satisfactory results. What I've found works best is that if I want to increase the size of the text, I go to the original source document and increase the text size, then I regenerate the PDF.

Despite the loss of the ability to increase the size of the text, the tradeoff is that I have complete control over the way my ebook looks. One other thing I've noticed is that with PDFs my reader doesn't reformat them like it does with the other formats.

While PDF offers complete control over an ebook's format, other formats don't offer that level of control. As an example, one of the complaints I've heard about the epub format is that it doesn't allow for full justification. With RTF, a problem I've had is font control where I can't predict which font my ebooks will display in.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote