View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think you need a trip to the loony bin. There is no chance in heck that Vista is perfect. It's another WindowsME.
I tend to disagree. Yes, it got a lot of bells and whistles nobody needs, most foremost the new GUI. But you can turn that all off. And there are some concepts in Vista that are new in Windows, and that are certainly worth pointing out. For instance, the UAC (user access control) is a great feature, if you learn how to use it to minimize the annoyance of screens popping up. Along with it, MS improved the security of the filesystem, by virtualizing access to the program folders for users without admin rights. There are alot of other improvements under the hood, such as the new networking features (new IP stack, support for IPv6), and better driver architecture.

Check out this Wiki entry for an incomplete list of changes/improvements. It's certainly a lot more revolutionary than the step Windows 98 -> ME
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote