View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
brecklundin-

Would you take a look the available free calculus texts on the web and choosing a good example from your perspective? I'd like to load it up on the Boox and see how well it actually does. I have read and annotated various PDFs now included scientific papers but I'd like to see if it would be really as bad as you think.

Post a link here and ill grab the text later.

thanks,
charlie
Don't understand why you can't find and example them yourself but here are a couple basic texts. I did not take time, I don't have, to see if they are useful but the first is a Calc I text and the second is Calc III which is typically an into to multivariable calculus so it will have plenty of color 3D graphics. And trust me in that the color matters.

Calc 1: http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/pdf/C...I_Complete.pdf
Calc III: http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/pdf/C...I_Complete.pdf

These books are both rather small in page count for a typical calc text but it seems they simply left out sections of sample problems and the answers in the back, so they should still be reasonable. My fast look is when examples cannot fit onto a single page in a size that does not add the distraction of flipping back and forth and/or not seeing the entire example broken into the author's intended components to show the concepts.

Remember these are simply intro courses into mathematics and not advanced texts, which ironically would likely lend themselves better to say an 8"-9" reader where a basic text is far less likely and that is due to upper division students usually not even needed a text because everything is in figuring out the proofs/solutions yourself, so the "exercise left to the student" is the norm not the exception...as we always said "...beware the skinny book..." because you knew they left out ALL the details...hehehe...and you know somewhere the author, if not turned to dust already, is laughing his/her happy arse off!! hehehehe....

If I have time, just for fun I'll convert in Calibre to be read on my K1 as well.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote