View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilwork View Post
Engadget posted a video of Mirasol display in high-res.

I cannot find a way to embed high-res youtube video here, so you may click the video to visit youtube for high-res video.

The article also mentions the following.

I am not sure whether it means that Mirasol consumes 1/6th of power than e-ink of the same display size, but it sure sounds like a promising option.

[Source]
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/09/q...lorious-1080p/
They mean it is more efficient than e-ink when both are pushed to running video framerates. It seems to be a creative and optimistic extrapolation of estimates that put EPDs at a strong disadvantage. At normal reading usage, I'm sure it'll be competitive with E-Ink (they don't seem to be telling what the hold state power consumption is, just saying it's "low". It is bistable, but it requires a very tiny bias voltage to maintain a base state, probably comparable to EPD).

I wonder if they're telling people the expected power draw during video compared to, say, backlit LCD, rather than compared to EPD.

Gotta say 240ppi is getting mighty close to what a good reader should have...I hope they can maintain a reasonably dense black state.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 01-09-2010 at 05:06 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote