View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
That's a bummer. I forgot to mention my experience with PDFread. Basically every PDF I tested in it when converting to IMP, either a first sentence or last sentence would be cut off. So I gave up after some of that.
Perhaps you were not using the right profile for the EBW1150? If you have a sample .pdf, I can try to see what settings work best with it and with PDFRead. PM or email me at: nrapallo (at) yahoo.ca if you are interested.

Quote:
So basically, any PDF's with images and such will have problems converting in every software out there? Even in Acrobat Pro?
It sucks, bigtime! Acrobat Pro is not worth it at all, unless the more recent versions like 9.x have improved a lot. My experience was that it wouldn't do OCR on images nor was able to intelligently extract text from within .pdf files. Just useless; these Adobe programmers!

Quote:
It sucks because I have a lot of books in pdf format and I've already converted mostly all of them, I'd just like to have the images intact. There's also a problem with quite a few of them having margins and such squeezed together where there should be spaces and what not.
IMHO, the only way to preserve the look of a .pdf ebook is to extract just an image of each page and then somehow slice that image so that it can be (optionally) rotated and enlarged on smaller ebook screens. If there is a large white margin, then the chances improve on getting legible text, but remember it's just an image of text; not actual text that can be highlighted/looked-up!

If copyright is not an issue, can you post an example of your successes and/or failures. Perhaps there's a way to salvage something...

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-08-2010 at 11:49 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote