View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White
Ok. Harry, Here's a trick I accidentally found out the other day after I used the technique you defined in your tutorial to change the Chapter headings from Chapter 1 chapter 2 etc, To the real chapter headings... You should change your tutorial to this way since it saves hours...
I'm afraid that I don't like that at all .

What you're saying, if I understand you correctly, is that you prefer to remove "Chapter 1" and replace it with "Harry Writes a Book" (or whatever the "real" chapter title, as you put it, is).

That might work for "pulp" fiction that nobody really cares about, but I certainly wouldn't do it for a "classic". Suppose I read a book in which I see "In chapter 53 of Les Miserables, Hugo says....". How do I find out what chapter 53 is in your version of the book which lacks chapter numbers?

We obviously all prepare books the way that we think best, but personally I feel that preserving chapter and book number for "serious" literature is absolutely essential.

What do other people think?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote