View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #26
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
First, let me say I am not trolling but I am just curious if it is considered a major feature of the Kindle that it can surf the web from those that own a Kindle? In other words, if it did not have that functionality would it make a big difference?

I honestly do not see the allure of surfing on a screen with such a slow refresh rate, no color and only over 3g which is much slower than Wifi. I have a Nook but could care less to surf the web with it. It is enough of a pain on my Iphone 3gs although I can maneuver much better with my fingers, zoom and move much faster using my finger than I imagine a Kindle can using its toggle.

I feel like I am missing something.
I don't have a smart phone and have little interest in paying for the data plans that go with them. So for me the web browser on my Kindle takes on some of the same roles that you might use your iPhone for. I check my gmail, look up movie times, get driving directions, etc with my Kindle without a monthly bill to pay for it.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote