View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
It all depends. For authors like Stepehen Kind, Dan Brown, James Rollins, I would pat hardcover prices to get the ebook the day it was released. After that I will pay paperback price. I understand that ebooks will take away profits from paper books sales so I am willing to pay the price.

For independent authors I hesitate to pay more than $5 on a book.
Since what we are paying for is 99% content (as opposed to 80% physical-ness, 20% content) today, it would make sense for better works to go for more money.

Unproven authors would also have to sell for less to get people to try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
To me DRM is irrelevant in the decision.
Then I have a car that I'd like to rent you for $20,000.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote