View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #14
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've always wondered why people buy movies. Once in a while I like to re-watch one but not often enough to own it.
My family re-watches movies often. When my husband's cooking with the kids, he puts on Ratatouille, and he'll often put on a familiar movie to fall asleep to; he wants something interesting that he won't be upset if he misses half of. (His taste in movies to fall asleep to is deplorable. Hannibal. 9th Gate. Hell House.) I re-watch movies & tv shows that I like fanfic from, to catch the points in the original that I'd overlooked.

I re-read books, especially series. I notice details differently, based on what happens in later books. Sometimes, I notice new things in non-series books, based on real world events or whatever's going on in my life. And sometimes, re-reading an old favorite is like putting on a favorite album--I already know all the words, but the ebb & flow of emotions attached to them is a comfort.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote