View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalee View Post
Please tell me where you were able to purchase the PRS-700. I really want to have a light since I read at night a lot. Are you happy with the light?
I am happy with my PRS-700.

The screen quality is compromised due to the extra layers, but I was willing to accept this for the advantage, to me, of the built-in light and touch screen.

The build-in light will also show any dust particles that may gather between the layers. (If you are buying used, if you can, you should ask the seller if there are any visible dust spots.)

There are still some new (or maybe just one) PRS-700's available on amazon.com and many used ones. The new one listed is extremely pricey.

Other solutions would be to buy a newer model and get a cover that has a built in LED light that swings out to light the page or get an older PRS-505 model with the light wedge cover. (The PRS-505's have a great screen, but they have also been discontinued and are becoming harder to find.)

And as Desertgrandma said, they are also available on eBay.

I hope this has been helpful.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote