Thread: PRS-600 Notes on Notes (not good)
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
This may be a bit of a tangential topic, but all you book note takers-- what are you writing? I never feel the need to write some sort of note to myself in a physical book.
I'm just using free form notes/highlighting as a way to mark passages that I want to go back to later. Usually if I'm doing academic work on pdf files, I mark it up on the reader (no long notes; just marks and highlights and a few words to remind me later what i'm thinking), then on the computer and the EBL software (after syncing) I go thru each mark (you can jump from mark to mark in the EBL software too) and just write up my thoughts more fully in a word document.

So for me the highlighting/marking is basically a rudimentary way to bookmark specific passages or paragraphs. And enter a few quick words about it.

That works well for me, and lets me do that away from the computer. But thats also about the limit of what you can do with this reader I think. If I wanted to do anything more, I'd really just get a netbook or a tablet.
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote