View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #96
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryy View Post
Help! I had installed the latest Savory 0.06 (from savory-image-2009-04-10.zip, not the very new 0.07). I tried to uninstall it using the provided update_RemoveSavory-0.06.bin, by copying into the top level of the Kindle 2 and rebooting. Now my Kindle is stuck in an infinite reboot loop, and holding down the 'r' key during the flashing (or throughout the entire cycle) does nothing. Holding the power/sleep button to one side will halt the process at one of a couple of stages, but it just freezes until you slide this button again, at which point it resumes the infinite reboot loop. What can I do to get my Kindle back?
You probably selected "Restart" instead of "Update" in the settings menu. I've had this happening before, it's very scary when it happens.

BTW, the 0.07 version installer would have upgraded version 0.06 painlessly.
Hold the "HOME" button while the device is rebooting ; when you're in the recovery mode ; press R

http://blogkindle.com/2009/03/kindle-2-recovery-mode/
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote