Thread: PRS-600 Potential owner
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #19
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I was very nearly put off buying the PRS-600 from reading some pretty damning reviews about lack of contrast and glare on screen.

Thankfully I took those reviews with a pinch of salt and bought one. Personally I find that at my normal reading angle there is no glare whatsoever - only if I angle the reader into a position in which I wouldn't read it (or a normal book) anyway.

There is a slight lack of contrast in dimmer lights - solution, use a book light or put a main light on. Had no problems reading it outside, in sunshine, under artificial light ... no problem

It is a MAJOR step-up from reading ebooks on a nintendo DS screen which was nigh on impossible to ever read outside!

If you get an opportunity to test them out at a sony centre, this is a good idea. I couldn't do this as I'm stuck in a small village with stroppy toddler and don't drive. But I would have sent the PRS-600 back and got the 300 version if clarity had been an issue.

Thank the [insert whatever you believe in] it's friday!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote