View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
On the subject of iTunes and Windows - I haven't had much trouble either, but I do know this - using Apple products on Windows is about the same as using Microsoft's products on Apple. They both try to force their native APIs onto an alien system with mixed results at best.

The other basic problem that some Windows users have with Apple products is that they are used to having to configure everything and have come to assume that that is what they want. Something that eliminates customization in order to make things easier just frustrates them.

(I say this as someone who has Windows 7 already installed on his Macbook.)

You pay attention to what something is rather than demanding that it behave the way you think it should. You might be pleasantly surprised.
You have a very good point. In this respect I am "bi" - I have owned a couple of Apple computers, and several more Windows PCs, and it's my experience, too. You can't do exactly what you're used to on the other platform. It's different expectations, different ways of doing things, and most importantly, different strenghts. It's not 1:1.

I run Windows in a VM on my iMac for trying put Windows things and developing in .NET. However, much of the daily stuff; checking email, accessing Internet, updating calender, etc. is a smoother experience on OS X.

I can't stay with MacOS forever, because staying forever with only one solution means you''ll be "brainwashed" - either Window or Mac (or Linux) will do that to you - the reason I changed from Windows to Mac the two preivious times.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote