View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
I wonder how much Mr. Letterman is laughing this morning.

Karma works not only here in MR, but often in many places you would never expect. Be careful about having a malicious laugh at the expense of another. Life might just turn around and surprise you.

Ironic isn't it!! You would have thought he and his staff would have found another target after the fiasco of attacking her daughter(s). They way he and others treated her family was disgraceful. If anyone had treated Chelsea Clinton that way, the media would have held them in contempt. I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, but I don't think any politician's children should be dragged into the fray for any reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
<SNIP>
What I find interesting is how many of the self-righteous speak with forked tongue: do as I want, not as I do. (After all, we did have a budget surplus January 1, 2000, and a record deficit January 1, 2009 -- all while under conservative watch.)

Also, for those who are interested in the power of the right-wing media in the United States, there was an excellent op-ed piece in today's New York Times by David Brooks, a conservative columnist, dissecting the power of the Limbaughs and Becks.
The same can be said for the other side of the aisle, as well. Self-righteousness knows no political affiliation. As a staunch Independent, it's frustrating to be bombarded with vitriol from both ends of the political spectrum.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote