View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Simon & Schuster introduces the "Vook" : read it and watch it

The latest foray into multimedia e-Books comes from Simon & Schuster, and they're calling it the "Vook". According to an email I got today,
Quote:
An entirely new concept, a vook blends text and video into a single, complete story.

With a vook you can:

Read your book
Watch videos that highlight key moments in the story
View visual how-to's
Connect with authors and other readers
You can purchase a vook to view on any computer or iPhone and iPod Touch. No special software is required. Enjoy it anytime, anywhere.
Titles available include :
Promises by Jude Deveraux
The 90-Second Fitness Solution by Pete Cerqua with Alisa Bowman
Embassy by Richard Doetsch
Return to Beauty: Old World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin by Narine Nikogosian

Get more information on their site here.

I've not tested out any Vooks myself, but for educational works, this is a direction I think we'll see more of which could bring a whole new dimension to textbooks. How-to manuals as well could benefit, as well as books like musician biographies or books about the cinema. So what say the early adopters ? Pointless gimmick, or promising innovation ? Are there any Vooks you'd be interested in (available or not) ?

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 10-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote