View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I want to chime in on the defective screen possibility.
Living in FL, I take my Readers out all the time. It gets HOT and SUNNY here like 99.999% of the time

Anyway - I've never noticed any issues at the pool or the beach with either the 505 or the 700. The 505 may have appeared a little bit washed out in direct sunlight, but nothing to that extent. The 700 actually became more readable in the bright light

I have noticed though, that the screens seem to get better as they warm up. By that, I mean that the page turn and refreshes are very slow at first after a cold boot or waking it up from sleeping for more than a day or two. But after about 10 - 15 minutes of use it warms back up and speeds the process a bit. I've also noticed similar issues with battery life. When the battery is really low, my 700 experiences an effect similar to that. By that, I mean half the page disappears (literally) and it looks terrifying. A recharge and a restart usually fixes the problem
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote