View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Kralik, I don't know what to tell you about your justification problem. I have no problems with that setting sticking.

As for the progress bar along the right, I thought it was always there, even with the older firmware. It is very thin and doesn't take up much space. I rather like it. I could do without the percentage figure that got added to the titlebar, however. I would rather see more of the title displayed.

There is a margin at the top and bottom. The text of an ebook doesn't display in these margins. However, these margins are always less than one line height (plus leading between lines). So, there is no room to display another line of text, unless you cut off the bottom of a line. These margins do change size, depending on the font size you have selected.

I guess the ideal solution would be for Ectaco to allow the user to turn all of these features on or off, as desired. The Windows version of FBReader allows this level of customization.
No, it's not the progress bar that bothers me. It's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
- Still big empty space at the end of each page (this started on last firmware but not on v030i where no empty—and precious—space was left)
The empty space is equivalent to at least two lines of text. In font size 12, it's probably three lines. Also, the progress bar does not extend vertically to the bottom of the page either.

I agree that the percentage figure is a waste of space and should be banished to the Nether World.

Odd about the justification--I recall that some users noted that it wasn't sticking, but then it randomly did on the last firmware? *shrug*
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote