View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
jetBook Firmware v0.33g patch 13

Firmware v0.33g patch 13 is ready for download now, in a self-extracting .exe.

http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php

I just installed it with no problem. At first sight there are no major changes. What I've observed after playing around a bit are the following:

- The same ebook formats: txt, rtf, mobi, prc, epub, pdf, etc.
- Overall operations less sluggish
- Dictionaries work on all formats (except pdfs).
- English-English dictyionary is still a joke!
- Moving dictionary cursor around faster than last firmware
- New paragraphs in txts now showing (unlike last firmware where all paragraphs were joined as one)
- Still ignoring and deleting empty lines (which is really annoying)
- Still big empty space at the end of each page (this started on last firmware but not on v030i where no empty—and precious—space was left)
- No clock on title bar!

That's what I've observed so far. It seems like a more polished version of the last firmware. Please post your impressions if you notice any other changes. BTW, why can't Ectaco just post a change-log???

Thanks.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote