Thread: Sigil v0.1.2
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi roger,
i'm very sorry you're having trouble installing sigil, but let's not forget that valloric is spending unbelievable amounts of his own free time and effort to make a brilliant application for us for free. that is an incredibly generous initiative and i think it's worth a bit of appreciation and understanding, and maybe trying to meet him halfway so that he can spend more time making big improvements to sigil which will benefit everyone.

not only is he making the extra effort to make sigil cross-plateform (not a negligeable task !), he has already said he is more than willing to try to talk you through the installation process on linux. in addition there are several linux users here who have apparently managed to install it without trouble, and i'm sure they'd also be more than willing to help you if you give more information about your problem (like the precise disto you're using, etc.).

in any case i think valloric is to be applauded, and perhaps we can try to keep the appreciation to snark ratio a little more reasonable when posting here. it seems like the least we can do, under the circumstances.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote