View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:00 AM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "Russkij.htm" file does not display correctly on the Opus - it just shows as random ASCII junk. I suspect that it could be made to display correctly by manually selecting a suitably-encoded font.

The "Russkij-b.htm" file does display correctly, with the exception of the dash between the dates, which shows as a square box.
I don't think the font encoding should be any different between both files, it's just the HTML encoding which is different. It seems the Opus does not correctly recognize encodings in HTML (which I think was already known for the Cybook).

As for the dash between the dates, it's supposed to be a non-breaking hyphen, which apparently is not supported by too many fonts
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote